Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Back in the Habit?

It has been a while, hasn't it? I have to admit, the only real excuse I have for not writing is that I was busy. Busy, busy, busy. I still think that's a lazy excuse though, but I like the feeling of blogging once again.
The most notable thing that I've done in the time that I've been away, is that I wrote a piano composition. For english class, we are reading the epic poem Beowulf, and our teacher gave us an assignment to represent Beowulf in an artistic form. I, naturally, picked music for my artistic form, and composed a section of the poem. The composition is on here on YouTube. I spent A LOT of time on this. I originally wanted to play it live for the class, but I wasn't going to play it on an electric keyboard (because they don't sound real and they shake if I play anything intense), and the piano in the room my teacher booked for this has a broken pedal, and my whole piece uses the pedal except maybe two measures. So I had to record it at home and then upload it online.
I also have finals next week. Winchester works on a trimester schedule, so for the first and the third trimesters, we have finals. They're two hours long. I don't know that I'm really stressing out that much, because the only subject that I have to study a lot for is chemistry, and that's just because I'm not particularly good at chem( or any type of science really). My AP European History final is two essays, and Dr. Andy gave us six possible essay questions, which I was really happy about.
The school is doing this thing called "Movember." It's when guys shave their facial hair at the beginning of the month and then grow a mustache throughout November. So a lot of the guys (obviously not the girls) shaved their six hairs worth of "facial hair" and decided to grow a mustache. The teachers did it as well, and it will be interesting to see what they will look like at the end of the month. The point of Movember is to raise awareness for men's prostate cancer. The teacher that I wanted to see without facial hair, Mr. Hallas, said that he wasn't going to do it because his wife said he couldn't. Apparently he's had that mustache forever, and it never grows, it just stays the same length.
I wonder if I'm back in the habit of blogging. I really hope I am going to keep on doing it, because I really really like it, and I didn't enjoy not blogging. Double negatives. Urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment