Friday, November 9, 2012

I Have Done the Horrible...

I can't even believe that I did this. I listened to Christmas songs BEFORE Black Friday. The world must be coming to an end.
Please don't get me wrong. I enjoy Christmas songs a lot. I really do. However, it's just the fact that sometimes they are overplayed.  Whenever I go somewhere during the Christmas season, I just hear them everywhere.
Speaking of the Christmas season though, I'm really looking foreword to it. I can't wait for the time of year when snow falls and covers the pavement, or when I sit with a book on my couch and read with a cup of hot cocoa (that is, if my mother allows hot cocoa in the house). This year, I plan to learn some Christmas carols on the ukulele, and that will be very exciting.
Christmas comes around earlier every year. A couple of weeks ago, I was at Michaels, a store, I must say, that is not good at giving their customers discounts on anything, and I noticed that there were Christmas decorations adorning the store. It was before Halloween. The witch items and everything concerning spiders or anything at all creepy were gone, replaced bright red, green, and white objects that will not come in use for another couple of months. Isn't that sad? I don't even think that I've seen much stuff for celebrating Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays around. Its the only time of year when I'm sure that I will get to eat my absolute favorite pineapple stuffing.
I am just waiting for the first snow right now. Last year, our winter was pretty lame. We didn't get much snow, and only got one two hour delay. That was unacceptable. So this year, there has to be a lot of snow. And I mean A LOT. Like the amount that we got a couple of years ago. We got about three feet of snow overnight and the whole city seemed to halt. I didn't have school for four days. It was wonderful, and the snow was absolutely gorgeous. I hope that this year though, there will be people who are willing to have an intense snow ball fight. That would be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. If we have another snowstorm like the one we did in February 2010, it would be INCREDIBLE! I would be super duper happy. That needs to happen!!! And I'd be willing to have an intense snowball fight, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete