Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Icons, Son, and PSYCH!!!

There have been three major excitements in my life recently.
1. Icon factory 2. Son 3. PSYCH SEASON 7 PROMO!!!

1. Icon factory is an amazing place where I can get little pictures to replace my icons on my computer. My dad told me about this last week, and I checked it out, and it is awesome!!! I immediately changed practically ALL of my icons on my computer.  I changed the safari icon (a compass) to the TARDIS from Dr. Who, I changed my Spotify icon to Totoro, and most importantly, I changed my 1Password icon to BATMAN!!! I did a lot of other ones too, but now on my dock on the bottom of my screen, I have a mini TARDIS, a TARDIS key, Totoro, a beach ball of doom, Batman, and the little bell from Polar Express. Now anyone who wants to use my computer will be extremely confused and not be able to navigate on my computer. But it is awesome.

2. So I read The Giver by Lois Lowry three times. I read it in fourth, fifth, and sixth grade, and occasionally pick it off of my bookshelf to skim through. It's an amazing book, and is currently ranked at #5 on my Top 25 Favorite Books list. This book has two "companion books," which means the books, Gathering Blue and The Messenger, take place in the same world and cross paths with the main character of The Giver, but it doesn't really continue the story of Jonas and Gabe. What I didn't know, was that there was another book that takes place in this world, and it came out two weeks ago. It's called Son. I read the free sample that Barnes and Noble gave me on my nook, and it's pretty good so far. I've read some reviews, and they have been pretty positive, so I am really excited to start reading it, but I have to finish the current book I'm working on, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. There used to be a time when I could read five books at the same time, but I really want to finish The Book Thief, and don't really want anything to come in between me finishing it.

3. Today wasn't really the best of days, mostly because it's Wednesday, and I don't particularly care for my Wednesday schedule. Also, I had an English in-class essay. It was lunchtime, and I had just come back from writing a lot about what I think a hero is (that was our prompt), and I came downstairs to grab my lunch. Then, Jacob showed me that THE PSYCH SEASON 7 PROMO VIDEO IS OUT!!!! I was absolutely positively so excited. I have been waiting for this for about six months. And the cliffhanger at the end of season 6 didn't help either. Psych is one of my favorite shows (I say one of my favorite, because, you know, Downton Abbey, Big Bang Theory, and Dr. Who are good too). Though they did ruin the cliffhanger because they showed a clip where Henry was alive and well. Admittedly, I knew he would be alright, but come on!

Those are the exciting things that are going on in my life right now. There's another thing coming up, but I'm going to save that one for another time. I'm drumming my fingers together in front of my face and saying "hehehe" like an evil person right now. But you'll just have to wait and see....it's rather exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment