Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Without Mother: Day 1

My mom is now in Japan, she's arrived safely and all, but it is hard to adjust to a life without her. I write that and it seems like she's gone forever. She, thankfully, will not be staying in Japan forever, only for then next ten days or so.
I'm looking around the living room right now, and noticing how much of a mess it is (I have also been watching Downton Abbey, so I am more aware of cleanliness after I watch that show). I'm sorry, but it's not in the cleanest of states. There's a bunch of crochet and knitting stuff near the TV, along with a bunch of papers and stuff on the kitchen table. Now don't worry mother, I promise that I will clean it up!
Her being gone just makes me so aware of what she does around the house. There's the dishes, laundry, vacuuming, tidying up, and that doesn't even scratch the surface of the stuff she does for us. She makes me obento (my lunch) every day, and I do miss that.
So, Okaasan, I miss you!!

Just some updates about what's going on at school:
Two people today thought that I was a senior. Two people. During the same class period. It was very odd.
I think I have a quiz in spanish tomorrow, but I'm not really sure. My spanish teacher, though awesome,  doesn't make assignments very clear, so I'm not sure. I have studied, though.
I have a double free period tomorrow, which will be so much fun. That is, it will be fun if I don't get that much work to do for AP European History.
AND..... I still can't get the Downton Abbey theme song out of my head.

1 comment:

  1. Who thought you were a senior and in what class? That is odd. Were they freshmen who thought that? Everyone else would know the seniors by now.

    ReplyDelete