Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kennywood Trip #2

Last month, I went to Kennywood with a friend of mine, Emily (though in that entry I called her Kit, because I was going to do the whole pseudonym thing, but that didn't turn out well. Her name is Emily). That trip didn't exactly go as planned, because it started to drizzle, then rain, then pour, and then the park shut down. We got a refund ticket though, and we decided that we would use that ticket and go today.
I had two goals in mind for the day; have fun, and get some Dip 'n Dots ice cream.
Last time, because the weather was so terrible, the park was completely empty. Today though, it was nice and sunny, so there were a lot of people. And what happens there are a lot of people in the same place? You are bound to see some people you know. Yes. The people from CAPA still seem to be following me. I saw two people from CAPA, one an instrumental major, and the other, I think is a vocal major. I also saw my middle hitter from my 14s volleyball team. AND I saw Jacob's kindergarden buddy, Jarrett. Even though he was Jacob's kindergarden buddy, I still loved him because he knew how to play chess, and he was adorable.
Since the park was crowded, there was a lot more time waiting in lines. I don't really enjoy queuing (a fun British word to say and to spell), but once you ride the ride, you know that it was all worth it.
At about one in the afternoon, we got Dip 'n Dots. I absolutely LOVE Dip 'n Dots. Last time, the Dip 'n Dots store wasn't open, but this time it was, and I got cookies 'n cream flavored ice cream. At around three, it got really really hot, so we went back to get some more.
After that, we met up with Emily's family. Her mom, dad, aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandparents were there. Her cousin Colby is absolutely adorable. He is four, which is the age where I think all children are adorable.
At around four, it started to sprinkle. It was really nice, actually, because it cooled me off from a really hot day. Then at around six thirty, it started to rain a little more intensely. Emily and I were in line to get on the biggest roller coaster in Kennywood, the Phantom's Revenge, when they decided to close the ride. We had ridden all the other rides that we wanted to ride, so we decided it would be a good time to leave. We didn't want to get soaked.
I am home right now, and I am exhausted. It's amazing what a day of walking around can do to you. Thankfully, it's a three day weekend, so I have time to recover. Tomorrow, my dad and I are going to go museum hopping. We're going to all four Carnegie Museums in one day.

2 comments:

  1. DIP N DOTS AREN'T EVEN REAL ICE CREAM SILLY GOOSE


    and no children are adorable


    and you're crazy for going on rides

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIP N DOTS ARE AMAZING DON'T YOU BASH THEM! THEY WILL HAUNT YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!!

      Jarrett was totally adorable!

      And I agree with that statement. Rides are evil.

      Delete