Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Movie Theater Disappointment

Ok. I should be seeing a free screening of Perks of Being a Wallflower right now. I'll tell you why I'm not seeing it.
You know how airlines actually sell more tickets than there are seats available on the plane? This is done so that the airplane is sure to be full, and it saves money in the end. Some people don't end up coming, so it usually works out. But the thing is, they only sell about two or three extra tickets.
This is what the movie theater decided to do. Except, instead of selling two or three extra tickets, they sold about twenty. Actually, the number might have even been more. Mr. Bachner said when I went to go get my ticket that he only gave out about fifty tickets of the one hundred he was supposed to give out. So potentially, the theater sold seventy extra tickets. They gave tickets to other places too, I guess, which filled up the theater.
The movie was supposed to start at 7:30. I got there at around 7:17, which is a reasonably early time before the movie starts. I met up with my friends, Summer and Akeyo, who had already been standing there for a couple of minutes. They told me that they were waiting to see if there were any extra seats in the theater because the theater was full. The ticket-checker person that checked the tickets asked us to stand in a line, and we all sort of jumped into it. Then, as if we weren't mad enough about what was happening, the manager-person came out and told us that only five people could get in. She said the people who had arrived first, which included Summer and Akeyo but not me, could get in to see the movie. I guess that's as fair as you're going to get in this situation. Everyone else from school was sort of just left there. We were told we could wait for the next screening, but she didn't know when it would start.
I waited around for some more information. I saw a friend from CAPA who is dating a freshman from WT, and she told me what's happening there. I was also informed by the freshman that not many people like our grade. Ah well. I guess I'm used to that from middle school.
The manager-person then came out again and said that she would let us see another movie tonight of our choosing, since we couldn't get into Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I didn't really want to go see another movie. I was excited for Perks of Being a Wallflower. I finished the book!!! I gave it a 5 star rating!!!! Plus, all the other people I knew had friends with them, and I didn't feel like going to see a movie by myself. So I left.
I'm mad, I suppose. I don't think it's fair. I don't. And the manager-person didn't even apologize.
Even though I am mad, I don't think that it's something to get too worked up about. I'll go see the movie another time. I'll write my review then.

No comments:

Post a Comment